Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's a Chronilogic Illusion. Like an Optical Illusion, but with Time.

I'm not quite certain that I can justify this logically....but this schedule is killing me.

Prior to my brief vacation a few weeks ago, I worked in this tiny office on the Sixth Floor in the building that looks like a stack of pancakes from 0000 until 1000.  Now, I work from 0200 until 1200.  It's the same amount of time....but starting two hours later and going two hours longer is driving me to distraction.

There seems to be some kind of stigma to waking up at midnight to get to work at 2 AM.  This morning, as I was walking up the stairs (for the exercise), I ran into another intrepid explorer who works on the fourth floor who has the same Godawful schedule as I.

Scared the crap out of us both.

My stomach is all messed up; my arthritis is flaring; and my mood is as sour as Grandma's Rhubarb Pie.

Is it too early to take another vacation?  And, say...one right after that?

Thank GOD these windows don't open.

1 comment:

Gertrude said...

No jumping. You cannot fly. By that I mean... I think you are capable of metaphysically flying but not flapping like a bird. What would the world be minis Clemo? Not a world I'd like to live in.