Sunday, May 16, 2010

Garumph. And Harumph. And Pthththththth!

Well, I tried. I really tried. Many early morning surgeries; little by little, shaving away all unnecessary programs in an attempt to wring just..one...more...day to save files from the rapidly dissolving computer.

And then, while strolling through the Best Buy one day, in the very merry month of May, I heard something whisper my name.

Yup. Bought it.

Of course, there is always the somewhat shaky courtship that comes with set-up and power up. What the HELL am I looking at?

Windows 7.

I'll figure it out, eventually. But I still have several large programs to re-submit for its approval. AND, I find that my perfectly serviceable printer is not compatible with...

Windows 7.

So, it will eventually mean another trip to Best Buy.

Wait.

This just in....

Flash Player is incompatible with......

Yup. 7.

This is one of those days when you understand why Socrates drank the hemlock.

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

BWA HA HA HA HA. Hemlock. so true. but i'm happy for your new infernal machine!!! congrats!