Friday, August 21, 2009

Skewed Observations, as usual.

Random thoughts on an early Friday morning:

The latest and greatest of the National debates has given us proof positive that the truth comes in a whisper, and the lie comes in a shout. With trust in the Creator (as Thomas Jefferson would have said), I believe that the lie walks on one leg, and the truth on two legs.

Once again, I have a hope; and it continues to grapple with despair.

After a multi-houred state of meditation, and in the footsteps of Thoreau, I have come to the conclusion that the branch is a mutation of the tree. Growth is positive.

I find it amazing, once again, that in these days of amazing discovery, that we still measure a first down by a ten yard length of chain between two pieces of pipe.

Furthermore, there is nothing so thrilling as a properly executed hit-and-run; and seeing as you'll all probably outlive me, please make sure that somebody mentions that at my memorial service.

Have you ever been so absolutely bored with yourself that the sound of your voice in your own head makes you roll your eyes?

A major sin of my life so far is that I'm so far removed from family that I don't get invited to parties anymore. Make no mistake; I love my family on both sides, but I just haven't been very good....at it....

Every time I see a picture of Karl Rove, I want to bounce a golf ball off of his dome. A golf ball shot out of a cannon.

Good day to you all.

1 comment:

Gertrude said...

Karl Rove can suck it.
And yes, so totally bored with the head voices!