Friday, August 7, 2009

Mind Sinus Drip. Mind Sinus. Mindus. Minus. Me.

One of my favorite Arlo Guthrie songs is about a motorcycle, a guitar string, and a pickle. The punchline is, basically, "At that moment, it occurred to me that....I didn't want a pickle."

I know how he feels.

Because in the last couple of days, my mantra has been, " at this moment, it occurs to me that I don't want to think."

Yup. I got Bartleby Syndrome.

And that's when all the weird stuff comes out to play. When I don't want to think. It's like some strange faucet that only operates when you don't want it to. I mean, it's not like I WANT to stop thinking...it's that I NEED to stop thinking. I'm tired of running theories and printing up lessons and finding holes and such. I want to stop doing it for awhile.

And then the drip, drip, drip begins.

And I have to admit, it's pretty interesting stuff:

I was watching this commercial for some movie that was a remake of ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN. And thus began the idea of the mountain range of Witch Mountain, Watt Mountain, and the Idaho Range.

Do you see where this is going?

It's a veritable "Who's On First" for the 21st Century.

Witch.
Watt.
And Idaho.

Drip, drip, drip.

No comments: