Monday, July 27, 2009

It satisfies the hunger, without adding to the burden.

Once again, the blank screen tantalizes, but the imagination fails to rise to the occasion.

Yes, I know. That sounded a lot dirtier than I intended, but I thought it was a pretty good turn of phrase, so in it stays.

Rarely do I write from work; but work has been very slow lately, and since I don't have a sunrise to watch for another three hours, and I'm out of Coke and too lazy to run to the fridge, and since I'm watching Hillary on MEET THE PRESS for the second time tonight.....here I am.

By the way, Hillary was really good on MEET THE PRESS. But I miss Tim Russert.

I don't really have anything to rant about, and I don't really have the energy TO rant, even if I had the topic. I'm tired. I've been tired for awhile. I can't seem to get enough rest, or perhaps too much rest, but I think it takes more time than I have taken to get used to this nocturnal living.

I do have some random thoughts.

I have been thinking lately of the bad food. You know what I'm talking about: the bad food that tempts, like a cholesterol siren to the heart attack rocks. Everybody has their own bad food. I have a list.

White Castle hamburgers.
Anything from Steak and Shake.
A chilidog from Sonic.
Tim Horton's. The ENTIRE menu.

Comfort food guaranteed to discomfort. The meat we adore in our youth we cannot tolerate in our age.

Other thoughts:

I haven't seen a movie in a theatre since before the end of the world as we knew it.

I will watch reruns of Scrubs, Criminal Intent, Bones, House, and Cold Case ENDLESSLY, until I can spit the dialogue back to the television.

I am becoming fond of Royal Pains, and In Plain Sight.

I am looking forward to the return of Monk and Psych.

Football is just around the corner. Go LIONS! 0-18 and COUNTING!

The Tigers are playing pretty well. Three out of four from Chicago ain't bad.

And finally....

Wish I were at the cabin, playing golf at the Knob, and grillin' the chicken.

I miss my life a little.

I've made sacrifices.

Too many, perhaps.

Good morning to you.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

Are you going to make it to the FaGTT reunion at Matt's in WI in November? For Zelda's birthday...

Misti Ridiculous said...

I miss tim russert too. and If you come to the reunion, I'll bring you some Sonic. . . I'll figure out a way.

I know you're all angsty and feeling the funk as only you can feel so well. (that was actually a compliment) but people love you. Kizz. Dion. Matt. ME. and we want to meet your wife, damnit. so just come.
just. come.