Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HB2ME.

I've lived long enough to see:

A man walk on the moon.

The invention of the personal computer.

The resignation of a President.

The impeachment of another.

And then, an African-American one.

A space station come crashing back to earth.

And another one being built.

Man's inhumanity to man in places like NYC, OKC, and Columbine, CO.

And the soaring of the human spirit in places all over the globe.

In my life I've met hundreds of interesting people; some that I've fallen in love with, some that have become indispensable life-long friends, and some that have fallen by the wayside, and are sorely missed.

47 years.

A drop in the bucket.

But don't ever misunderstand me as I cover my true feelings by pretending to be Sisyphus: I wouldn't trade a moment of it.

Really.

4 comments:

Kizz said...

Whooo! Cake!

Gertrude said...

Clemo! Is it your day? Oh joy! Its instantly a better Tuesday now! Happy! Happy! Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Be good, and gentle, with yourself as always. Cake sounds good.

Reg said...

That anonymous was actually Reg.