Friday, July 3, 2009

I warn you. It rambles.

I'm not sure how I feel today.

Tired, certainly. I'm not really sure if this schedule is killing me or curing me of my addiction to daylight. Maybe it's a little of both. There are times when it's not so bad. It does give me a chance to think upon the deep subjects that fascinate.

Last night, for example, I studied upon the murder of a former NFL quarterback, and the wreck of the Daniel J. Morrell. I believe I also found some time-saving devices, but time will tell.....

Actually, the job makes me a little lonely.

It is currently raining, and not one of those gentle rains, but one of those windblown, heavy rains that make you fear the coming hail, and wonder if it wouldn't be better to go downstairs. It will eventually stop, and become hot, because as I've said before, the weather here in ND was created by a bi-polar Mother Nature.

Had an opportunity to miss an old friend this weekend. Didn't want to miss, but what are you going to do? But my feelings remain that regardless of how far you run down the road, the old friends are the best things to keep with you. They see where you are, and they know where you've been. As you well know, I love the idea of a never-ending conversation. And I appreciate the laughter that comes from that conversation. I think that's why I like the social networking sites, and the reading of other people's blogs.

I have old friends I've never even set eyes upon. But one of the fun things to contemplate is that first meeting. And how rough it will be.

My life is in flux just now. The battle has been rejoined; the one between what I wanted to be, and what I've become. I suppose it's a war that is ongoing in all of us.....and I wish I could just resign myself to it......but my creative nature won't rest.

Sleepless nights.
Okay, they're sleepless because I work at night.
Sleepless days.
Okay, they're sleepless because human beings are SUPPOSED TO BE AWAKE IN THE DAYTIME.

I got some very real sleep issues.

3 comments:

Kizz said...

What about those melatonin supplements? Aren't those supposed to help with sleep?

Gertrude said...

Clemo of the night.
Ramble on... Oh. Robert Plant.
I like watching horror movies during the daytime. It seems safer.
I ate cream cheese wontons today... I made a hot veggie soup and floated them around in it like little life rafts.
Just thought I would return the rambling favor.

Misti Ridiculous said...

i can't sleep during the day. need to get you some black out curtains. and I'd say yes to the supplements Kizz was talking about. and you need to get The War of Art, Steven Pressfield.
read it.
work it.
There IS a war going on...but we can still win.