Monday, December 8, 2008

Snoo.

Welcome to my Monday.....the snow has begun to fall again, on and off since Friday afternoon...not much accumulation, but when it leads the wind, it can be painful.

It's been a looong time since I was in a really debilitating blizzard. I believe it was the just after New Years Day of '99. We had plenty of warning, we put up supplies just in case of being unable to move, we kept the driveway as clear as we could, and we waited for the plows to come. Eventually, they did, and I think I made at least one trip down to Detroit to pick up stranded people at Metro Airport.

Good times.

But you know, blizzards aren't as fun as they were when I was young. Watching the snow fall......getting bundled and heading for the hills, to test the latest in toboggan technology......and not coming back until it was almost impossible to move.

Topping it off with cocoa.

Waiting impatiently for the announcement that school was postponed.

Heaven.

3 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

didn't we live thru a blizzard in Saginaw? that was the most snow I had ever seen, I'll tell ya that. gah. Here's to snow days and hot cocoa and good movies and friends.

cheers.

Kizz said...

ME! YOU PICKED UP ME!

But not my luggage.

Wasn't your fault, though.

Gertrude said...

Wishing you a snow day! Heck a snow week! Cozy up and enjoy. Beak to hot cocoa!