Sunday, April 20, 2008

Plugging along.

Did you ever have a moment when you think you've found something really wonderful, and when you try to describe it to someone else, not only do they know about it, but YOU should have known about it two years previously to the point where you knew about it when you thought you discovered it in the first place?

If you followed that, immediately go to your kitchen and reward yourself with a cookie.

Recently, I have discovered a television series out of Canada that ceased production about three years ago, that in my opinion does justice to the story of a theatre company, it's actors, it's administrators, and it's audience. This series is entitled SLINGS AND ARROWS.

Now's the time when all my actor friends comment on the fact that they've known about this series for years and years and where have I been?

It's on the Sundance channel.
It's very funny.
Poignant.
And if you've been around the theatre block a time or two, you'll recognize every character in the place. Not the actors, but the CHARACTERS. I alternate between laughing and cringing as I watch each episode.

I believe you can find the dvd's on netflix.

Just my two cents.

Now, I'm off to find a cookie.....just doin' my part to keep the girl scouts solvent.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

My dad turned me onto it in the first season and I fell in love. I'd watch the reruns on Sundance 3 times through. It's freaking brilliant. Have you seen all of it yet? There are only 3 seasons and no plans for more sadly but those three are gloriously rich.