Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ifter Works of Therapoy, E Kin Mick Mesef Inderstard Perfectree.

"I am not myself these days,
For all I know I may be you;
There's more than room enough for two
Inside my mind........."

That's from THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD, a musical by Rupert Holmes. It should get more revival than it does, because it's a good musical; and for me to say that is like your average child saying, "it's good lima beans."

The truth is, I've not been myself for a good long time. Or, more to the point, I don't feel like I've been myself for a good long time.

"I should have been an artist;
I was never meant for work."

That's from SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, another good musical from those good people at SWEENEY.

I'm reminded of an old saying, "some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you." Lately, I've been feeling that the bear has consumed me, and nature has taken it's course.

That's right. I feel like shit.

I was thinking that maybe if I wrote it down, somehow my little grey cells would sort it out, and I would see the path to enlightenment, and hopefully it would lead to ice cream. Instead, I sound like a whining manic-depressive who wishes he was Napoleon.

Actually, that last line DID make me feel a little better.

I think about what I would like to do on a vacation that never seems to come; apparently, my vacation's name is Godot.

The things I'd like to do are things I know I won't do, even if I have the opportunity. I'm not interested in theme parks, the beach tends to get boring after a couple of days, I like to gamble, but I'm not sure about Vegas in July, and if I went back to Michigan, I'd want to cruise around the Upper Peninsula and Mackinac Island, but I think my wife and soul mate would beat me bloody and throw me into Lake Huron.

For those of you that know me, I'm a very clever, but mostly boring fellow.

Let's say, 24% clever.
6% tedious.
2% redundant.
and the rest is boring.

In essence, there is something missing in my life.

I think it's art.

The road to art has been blocked off by the department of transportation. Apparently, there's been some kind of water main break. They should have it open as soon as possible.

The sign is almost five years old now.







Wow.
Actually feel better.


And how are you, Gertrude?

3 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

you sound soul sick. soul. sick.
If the thing that feeds your soul is missing, it stands to reason. . . . you are not boreing and tedious. apparently you have forgotten yourself. I haven't forgotten.

Gert is doing good. She got good news yesterday and things are looking up.

xoxo

Kizz said...

Yes, what she said, not boring. What you're feeling, though, isn't beyond my reckoning. There's a lot of that going around lately. Last night I booked a day trip to DC, just a day like getting up at the crack of ass and sitting on a bus and having maybe 5 hours on the Mall then sitting on a bus until we get home but it made me feel so much better to know that it's coming. In the middle of April mind you, but it's coming.

Gertrude said...

"I think about what I would like to do on a vacation that never seems to come; apparently, my vacation's name is Godot."
First good laugh I have had in days.
I can count on your for that. Thank you Clemo.
I am good. If I say One Day at a Time and Work the Steps... I am certain you will know what I mean.
Mediocrity is a slow painful death Clemo. And I believe you are anything but.
Try adjusting your vision just 2" as you go through your day.
May be you will see something a different way and it will motivate you to find bliss.