Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The following was found in the remnants of 100 monkeys on 100 typewriters.

As you probably well know, it's been what can only be described as "cold ASS."

Over the weekend, it did, in fact, get up to a high of 2.

And in fact, it did drop to a legitimate -22 at one point.  WITHOUT a wind chill.

The wind chill turned it into about -35.

And I.....LIVE here.

But enough about that.  There are other things to talk about.

My car was murdered by the cold.  Death due to terminal cancer of the starter.  Surgery required.  Resting comfortably in the garage.

I'm going to exact a wicked revenge upon the Snow Miser. 

In other news, I finally was forced to attend an appointment with an optometrist.  I am the last of my family to do so, and yes, it was a good long half-century run.

My left eye is worse than my right eye.  I have cataracts.  And apparently something in the back of my right eye that deserves some kind of annual attention. 

The last optometrist I attended, back in college, also saw that little something in the back of my right eye, and predicted that I would be blind by about 20 years ago.

Lying sack of crap.

But thanks to the Universe for putting that telegram on hold.

So, I have to have glasses; and I realized when he put the eyes together with the proper prescription that every muscle in my face relaxed.....and I had been attempting to will my eyesight not to be blurry.

That's a workout, kids.

So, I chose a pair of retro specs that'll make me look like I work at NASA in the 60's. 

I'll probably look like an old man.

Because I really do feel my age these days.

I see that the President shook hands with Raul Castro at Mandela's funeral; FOX is going a little crazy about it; I think they see it as just another treasonous act by this foreign born usurper to the throne.

I see it as a man shaking hands with another man, in the spirit of the occasion; the spirit of freedom; and the spirit of peace.

F*** FOXnews.

Oh, now they're back to Benghazi.  Good.  They've gotten really good at that story; they've only been rehearsing it for over a year.

I'm directing a show in a few months.....CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF.  I'm thinking of dressing everybody in cat suits and setting the theatre on fire.

Actually, I'm not.  Because nothing is worse than the fragrance of charred actor.  In a cat suit.

In reality, I'm looking forward to begin able to carry the whistle again; it's been.....a long time....since I directed.  I look forward to casting.  And I look forward to moving forward.  And of course, I look forward to finishing it.

It's the closest I'll ever get to anything even slightly resembling childbirth.

And in a year, who'll remember?

Perhaps I should completely butcher it, so at the very least it'll be memorable.

My Christmas shopping is pretty much done.

The useless thing on my wish list THIS year?

Light Sabre.  With sound. 

I'm a geek.

1 comment:

Kizz at 117 Hudson said...

Except on the days when there's nothing better than the smell of charred actor. In a cat suit.