Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Sudden Journey and the Fond Farewell.



I wrote to a local friend of mine yesterday that I had felt "a disturbance in the Force".

This morning, I received word that my friend Rae Stone had passed.

I had last spoken to Rae about eight months ago; she was still living in Paso Robles, and the Actors Warehouse project we had both worked on (well, she started it, and brought me to do some freelance work) had become less of a cyber workshop, and more of a real place where real children with real troubles could find real help.

I first met Rae through the kind of strange accident that was common in my playing days; she was doing a film, and I auditioned.  And I didn't get the part.  But she invited me to help out with a staged reading of a play called NICKELED AND DIMED, and we hit it off...professionally speaking.

I got a lot of calls from Rae.  Filling in here, working on this, writing critique of local theatre, having coffee and discussing the state of the art.

She was free with her time, and generous in spirit.

And, as you can see in the photo, she had an Emmy, as well.

And for the faith that she showed, the friendship that she gave, and the mountain of evidence she produced to prove that there is goodness and decency in the world, I offer my love and eternal thanks.

We'll see you when we get there.

No comments: