Thursday, May 10, 2012

Looking.

A little over a month ago, the local cable company and the local FOX affiliate began a war which robbed me of my episodes of HOUSE.  This being the last season for one of my favorite shows, I'm pissed at both the cable company and the FOX affiliate.

The worst of it is, I still get the FAUX News Network.

There's a sorrow in my heart when we, in this country, are unable to change our minds without being accused of being weak willed; as if knowledge stops at the decision.  As if after we choose, we are no longer obligated to read, or listen, or think.

North Carolina deciding that Carrie Prejean was right.

And let's keep in mind that the last time North Carolina changed its state Constitution was to ensure that marriage was only between two white people.

It's good to be white and straight in North Carolina tonight.

There are a few things that are keeping me sane tonight, my friends.  One of them is the idea that sanity isn't a fad; that open-mindedness is not a curse; that there are Christians that follow the teachings of Christ.

That's actually three things.

Another thing that keeps me sane is the fact that I'm having that feeling again.

That feeling that I'm a ruler's length away from something really interesting.

I'm standing in the dark.

But I have a memory of the light.

No comments: