Friday, September 16, 2011

The unbearable heaviness of nothing.

When I was in college, I lived with several guys in a dorm that will soon be a parking lot.  I've told that story; you can look it up if'n you don't believe me.

Go on.  I'll wait.

Got it?  Good, I'll go on....

We had this theory, first brought forth by a particular night of debauchery, that inside each of our heads was a Fraggle-like fellow, sitting at a command console and pulling levers to create behavior.  This Fraggle-like fellow was unchangeable; he was well when we were ill, sober when drunk, nice when nasty, etc.  And, we could hear this Fraggle's voice in our heads when we were well on our way to doing something....inappropriate.

Which was often.

At present, my Fraggle is screaming.  I think he's afraid that I'm going to bore him to death.  Which is a possibility.

3 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

then DO something.

Historiclemo said...

I have committed Fragglecide. Last thing he said was,"I liked you better as a drunk, you glaaaaaagh.....*thump*!"

He didn't actually say *thump*. And I translated the whole "glaaaaaagh" thing.

Gertrude said...

Hand to God... I hadn't even read your post title this morning before I wrote mine.