Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thoughts like skyrockets, soaring and exploding.

Random things:

I REALLY hate commercials where people eat; in particular, if I can HEAR people eating.  Seriously, which advertising agency thought that the sound of people chewing was good for sales?

I wish good luck for all the new series' that are debuting, or have debuted recently.  I won't watch them, of course, but I wish them good luck.

It took me several years to even watch THE BIG BANG THEORY and HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.  And I began watching them after watching just about everything else on the menu on my flight to London.

Learning lines was easier when I was 30.

It was harder before, because I was Drunky McLushface a lot.

It's Fall.  Upper Michigan is beautiful at this time of year.

If you watched every episode of LAW AND ORDER back to back, you'd be sitting in front of your television for 19 days.  But I never get tired of Lenny Briscoe.

Justin Verlander won 24 games this year; just missing out on 25.  He is singularly responsible for the Tigers making the playoffs.  In the first round, I suggest letting him pitch three games out of five, and hoping for a ton of rain-outs.  Or, since it's October in Michigan, snow-outs.

I can't remember the last time the Tigers were in the playoffs, and both the Wolverines and the Lions were undefeated.  At the same time.  I'm not sure it's EVER happened.  Along with the Tsunami, the Hurricane, the Earthquake on the East Coast, and Steve Carell NOT winning an Emmy, it's a sure sign of the Apocalypse.

You really need to see the view from the sixth floor of the big round building in the Capital City of the Northern State.  You can see to Montana from here.

That means it's flat.

I can see Medora from here.  You should see Medora.  It's North Dakota's number one tourist attraction.  It's at the beginnings of the Badlands, which are beautiful; even IF a certain civil war general referred to the area as 'Hell with the fires put out.'  They have a great golf course, and several tourist-y things about the founding of the town and it's connection with Teddy Roosevelt.  And there's the Medora Musical.....

The Musical is a huge deal; they have an amphitheatre specifically built for this entertainment.  But the term 'musical' is a bit misleading.  It's got music, certainly....mostly country music.  Everything from the hits of last year to way back into Patsy Cline.  And there are horses, and soldiers and Teddy Roosevelt and flags and occasionally circus performers.....but not much on plot.  But good family entertainment.

We stayed at the big hotel....very nice.  Library of local history in the lobby.  Expensive restaurant attached.  It was a good weekend.  And I wound up with a Teddy Bear.

Seriously.  It's a Bear that looks like Teddy.

Okay....enough random.  I must be going.  It's early and I'm late.

No comments: