Sunday, July 24, 2011

The sun rises in the North and I get to see it. Again.

I was recently going through old files with the laughable intention of deleting some things.  I say laughable because, as you well know, I am a creature of sentiment and I am loathe to throw away anything that has the smallest significance to my past, present, or probable future.  So, basically, it becomes me either turning something digital into something paper, or turning something paper into something digital...all done with a soundtrack from the late 70's-early 80's....right now, it's a combination of Chapin, Taylor, The Band, and the soundtrack from BARNUM.

I'm not one to keep photos, really; I've recently began to have an appreciation of the art, and the attempt to capture the fleeting moments for all time, but I do tend to keep the written word.

And don't tell anybody, but I do keep letters.

I ran across one just a few minutes ago.

It was like it was written to some other me.

A younger me, certainly.  A less wise me, undoubtedly.  Even a somewhat happier me.

The guy I don't see in the mirror anymore.

It's a million miles to where I would like to be; I have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses.

I need a road map back to that guy.

No comments: