Monday, July 18, 2011

Just a quick one....

A dress rehearsal that will live in infamy.....

Temperature on-stage at beginning of run (6:15 pm CDT): 96 degrees.
Humidity:  75%.
No breeze.  No movement of any kind.

I spent my down-time backstage passing out bottles of cold water, and showing people where to apply the ice to get the most out of the experience.  (It's the pulse points on the neck and the wrists.....you can also get some relief by applying ice to the pulse points in the inner thighs, but that requires a special relationship with modesty.)

It's now about 3:40 AM and I'm suffering the effects of high temperatures and no sleep.

I-Yi-Yi.

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

oh my brother...I feel yer pain. it's been over 100 here for the last---month? 20 days?
the pressure point info was good to know.
stay cool.
get rest.
xoxo