Sunday, July 17, 2011

Running from the Sandmen again.....*

Lately, my life has felt like the last fifteen minutes of TRUE ROMANCE; with everybody yelling at each other to put down the guns and get down on the floor, and one guy in the bathroom talking to the ghost of Elvis.

Yup; lots of noise, and a little bit of insanity.

I won't be getting much sleep in the next week; the show opens on Wednesday, and with the extra work shifts I've had to take up, very little down-time.  Oh, and the dreaded 49th rears it's ugly head this week, so I have that trip down memory lane to deal with, as well.  The voices have gotten less pronounced as the years have passed, but the memory lends me a smile rather than a tear these days.

Perhaps it's that road that I travel once a year (a road that's branched into several as the time has flown) that has made me think of the far-away friends.  Of quiet and shy Kristi Ann, her of the long fingers and freckles, but a laugh like the sound of crystal; of handsome Ed, mortal and immortal and greatly missed; of Kevin, who in the short time I knew him made me laugh without trying, and listened without laughing; of Morgan, like the invisible LeFay of old, who for a time created worlds of delight out of spider's silk.....

I think about how far I've come; from sanity to crazy and there and back again.....how many places I've seen and the list grows longer.  The roles I've played, both in real life and in fiction as well.

A life wrapped in love.

Well.

Love is the smooth nougat; and it's surrounded by the crunchy peanut shell of experience.

Hand in hand to create a pretty tasty treat.

Wow.  One metaphor too many, I think.

That's what 5 AM will do to ya.


*If you understand the reference, give yourself several hundred points; if not, please see LOGAN'S RUN.

1 comment:

Gertrude said...

True Romance. Clemo! I didn't know. I love Alabama and Clarence. Truly one for all time. And Wild at Heart. which I find is equally as visceral.
When I saw Sandman... I thought Neil Gaimen. Comics. Do you read comics? I think you would like these. They are dark and witty and full of wisdom. Kina like someone I know.