Friday, April 30, 2010

Random sentences, put together to assign meaning to a brain that looks quite a bit like....swiss cheese.

My career choices have been equivalent to sleeping on a lumpy mattress; I keep changing positions, hoping that the next one will be comfortable; but alas.....

I'm watching this really funny Intel commercial where the fat guy reacts to various computer innovations throughout the years; I love the reaction to SPACE INVADERS back in the 70's...but his first reaction to EMAIL is my favorite; because it was MY reaction to email.

Have I mentioned how much I like when art holds the mirror up? Even when it's uncomfortable. And yes, I just compared an Intel commercial to art. And I can do that, 'cause I'm a thinking man in America!

It may snow a bit over this coming weekend, but I am assured by the National Weather Service that the freezing temperatures will definitely end by the 27th of May.

Okay, so the Tigers took two out of three from Minnesota; but the Red Wings dropped the first game against the Sharks. I picked the Tigers to finish third, and I'm sticking by that, for now...'cause I'm still PISSED that they broke my heart on the 163 game of a 162 game season. The Wings I picked to get to this point, but I don't have hope that they'll get to the conference finals. Stay tuned.

I hate morning news programs. There doesn't seem to be any acknowledgment that there is anybody living between NY and LA. And I realize that the Northern State's whopping 2 Electoral votes don't make a whole lot of difference, but.....

Wait a second; WE have 4% unemployment, a budget surplus, lots of oil, and thanks to the vote of a couple of Indian Nations, no NCAA sanctioned University mascots. So WHAT if it snows nine months out of the year? We gots the Norsk Hostfest!

A few of my friends have been talking lately of Red Velvet Cake. I love Red Velvet Cake. If anybody makes me a dozen Whoopie Pies made of Red Velvet Cake....

I have been vacillating between sadness and anger lately. I'm hoping that I'm coming out of that particular forest of Angst, but I do appreciate the kind words and thoughts that have been coming my way lately. I have been accused, in my life, of being distant and aloof in certain circumstances, and even though I don't often comment upon it, I do appreciate the attempts to break through, as well as those that are patiently waiting for the storm to pass.

The clown is still crying on the inside a little; but I do appreciate the various handkerchiefs and shoulders that have been offered.

Now, if only somebody would offer Red Velvet Whoopie Pies.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled readings......

No comments: