Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just like you love me and I love you.....

Gilda would have been 64 years old this June.

My mind always runs to this song, and Gilda, when the stars align to give me a day that's free of stress; a moment of comfort; when life in unintentionally easy, like it was back in the day. When your only concern was having enough money to see the girl on a Saturday night in the middle of May when the night air was just warm enough to keep the windows down, as you wander with a lack of care, to whatever movie is playing at the time you arrive...and what place you'll go to after....and oh, the feel of her palm in yours.

The faces come to me clearly at times like this; the sun is just coming up now, and the ghosts of responsibility are fading, and my Saturday night is actually Saturday morning. The air is just warm enough to open the sunroof on the way home, and I'm pretty sure the IPod will be playing something circa 1979.

I'll go home and watch another episode of Saturday Night Live, circa '75-80. I'll laugh at the old jokes, and remember that all the sketches were not, in fact, solid gold. And I'll say a little prayer to those folks that have gone away, but are never gone away.

And I'll laugh, my friends. Oh, how I'll laugh.


1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

nice. and ps my safe word is HISTRITA....
love the universe!