Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stlange Intellude.

It started with a phone call, just I was walking out the door.

I wonder what it is that possesses us to pick up the phone, when we are for all intents and purposes, out the door.

But, it was just a few feet from the door, and kind of on the way out, if I took a right at the fridge instead of a left, so I strayed from the course to answer the telephone.

It's the boss.

"Have you ever wanted to do the blah blah blah blah blee bloo blahblah?" he asked.

I've inserted the "blah blahs" because there are some things I can say, and some things I can't.

Well, needless to say I was always intrigued by the "blah blah etc."

"Okay, go there." he said.

"Is this temporary?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's only until you die." quoth he.

So.

Here I am, wading into strange and turbulent "blah blah" waters, tasking my brain a little to learn all the lingo, and learning that there is, in fact, no end to the frustration that comes from the battle between man and machine.

And I feel a little like they showed me a picture of Michael Phelps, told me, "and that's how you swim" and threw me into the deep end of the pool.

Eventually, I should ask somebody what the perks are. Do I get more money for this? Have you ever NOT asked that question before starting something?

And that RED button over there....should I push that?

How was your day?

2 comments:

Kizz said...

Do you like blah blah blah? Were you genuinely interested or were you just being polite?

Gertrude said...

Life is bla. And the the bla comes along. And then it more bla. And if your lucky, bla.