Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Woof.

I had a moment of clarity.

I was having a conversation which turned into a difference of opinion which turned into a dispute.

And it was about the dumbest thing.  The DUMBEST thing.

And what happened between the beginning and the middle was that both participants fell into the pit of necessity; that it was of VITAL IMPORTANCE to win.  It wasn't important to be right; it was important to win.

And sometime between the middle and the end, it was like a fist unclenching in my soul. 

There is nothing on this green (or in my case, white permafrosted damned cold here in the north) earth that is THAT important.

I am going to try to be quiet.  Satisfied with my own "rightness" and not too much overly concerned with my "right" being THE "right."

Because I don't need any more fists in my soul.

I need a little more soul in my soul.

1 comment:

Gertrude said...

Love the last line. Classic Clemo.