Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Friendly Ghosts With Normal Names.

Had another dream last night.

My old friend Ed was there.  He had that grin that can only be described as "Sh** Eating." 

He was a handsome devil, no denying; and that grin seemed to indicate a greater knowledge of things than you, the recipient of that grin, could ever hope to have.

Most times, that was true.

When I woke up, the only thing going through my head were, of couse, a quote from my favorite Missouri writer.

"Upon arrival do not speak to St. Peter until spoken to. It is not your place to begin. 

You can ask him for his autograph -- there is no harm in that -- but be careful and don't remark that it is one of the penalties of greatness. He has heard that before.

Don't try to Kodak him. Hell is full of people who have made that mistake.

Leave your dog outside. Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit you would stay out and the dog would go in."

And as I have said before, a few times.....if there isn't something after this, that enables me to see again those that have gone before me, I'm going to be plenty pissed.

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

I believe that there is.