Sunday, February 26, 2012

Elementary, my dear House.

I have been a faithful follower of this program since the pilot.

It's faded a little in the last season or so, and that's the nature of television.  In fact, in one season premiere not too long ago, Doctor House builds a sophisticated Hot Wheels track around the clinic room he's in, and the climax is a jump over a tiny shark tank.

Jumping the Shark.

Well, I thought the series was strong up until last season, when they finally put paid to the debt they owed the audience, and put House and Cuddy together.  And of course, there should be nobody surprised that it ended with a bang (and a crash) and not a whimper.

Which left them no place to go this season.  So, it's sufferering a bit.  I DO hope they give it a good send-off at series end in May.

But as far as Shark Jumping, I think this little ditty comes close.  It's a great little number, no denying, and somewhat reminiscent of the last ten minutes of a great film called ALL THAT JAZZ.

The best moment, the most telling moment of the piece is a little whince that House gives at about the :39 second mark.

2 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

I've watched maybe two full episodes.
But it'll probably be something I netflix through at some point.

Kizz said...

I'm all caught up except for this season which I plan to catch when it's on DVD or streaming. That musical clip was a brilliant and beautiful moment.