Monday, January 2, 2012

I Resolve to Hope. Or Something Similar.

Okay, aside from the Ken Burns documentary on BASEBALL that I got for Christmas (and by the way, I do look most handsome in my Toledo Mud Hens jersey, thankyouverymuch), and my recent purchases of the first three seasons of THE MUPPET SHOW, I really should come up with some kind of game plan for the year.

I have a lot of friends that do this; and I admire them for it.  And, this year I go past a decade milestone (and you either know it or you don't...I won't mention it again until it passes....and I'll pass it cursing) I need to think about what I want out of this coming year.

Besides, the Incas or the Mayans or the weirdo in California that continues to throw darts at the calendar in order to Rapturate us have decided that this is it....2012 is the end of days.  So, gotta make 'em count.

I would like to travel to several theatres of my past.  I'm looking at a ten day trip that will take me to Clinton, IA, Evansville IN, Lexington, KY and Chillicothe, OH.
If I can't do that, I would like to go to Stratford, Ontario for a few days of Shakespeare.
I would like to do a play or two this year; there is one at the community theatre that sounds intriguing, but I would like to finish one of my own.
There is a new restaurant in OK that has promised me a sandwich.  It's enough to fly a reunion of old friends, and finally meet some people I've been conversing with for many years.
Two words:  Spring Training.  I would like to see the Tigers play in Florida this year.  I will settle for the Orioles.
Vegas at Thanksgiving.
Christmas with the family in Michigan.  I have a hankering for my Sister's shortbread.

Aside from the selfish desires, I would also like health and happiness for those I hold dear in my heart and memory; and also for those that seem to limp around me.

That's an inside joke.

So.  Here it is, the SECOND of January.

Off I go.

No comments: