Sunday, October 16, 2011

You can't really appreciate rational thought until you've been sleep deprived.

Okay, so it went like this:

On Friday night, after an afternoon rehearsal, I managed to take a two hour nap.  Up at 8:00 pm, showered, shaved, and to work at midnight.  Worked until 10:30 am, and then off to a tech rehearsal which started at 9:00 am.  Gave it my all until about 2:00 pm, where the hours began to take their toll; a quick calculation had me awake for all but two of the past 31 hours.  Took a quick nap while the others took a quick lunch, and finished up around 4:30 pm.  Went home and fell into unconsciousness until about 10:30, showered, shaved and OH MY GOD WHEN DOES THIS TREADMILL END?

I would like to say at this point that it may not look like it (for zombies always look pretty much the same way, regardless of their emotional changes), but I am having a pretty good time with this play.  Aside from the fact that I've always enjoyed a good rehearsal process (it's the inner detective in me; I enjoy figuring out the whys and wherefores of the character, and how other people's processes affect my own), I've gotten a chance to get to know these people a little better.

They make me laugh.
They make me think.
They give very interesting stuff at every rehearsal, which is so very cool to play with, and off of.
And when I come into a rehearsal looking like I got run over by the steroid-using older brother of a Mac Truck, they laugh at the fact that my mind starts going into all directions, and the filter in my head that usually prevents it spilling out malfunctions.  A little.

This thing opens on Wednesday, so I've got a couple of extra tries to fine tune it; and costumes to wear.  And stuff.  I'm looking forward to it.

And to paraphrase:  A bad day on the stage is far better than a good day doing anything else.

And I know you agree.

No comments: