Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's been a long time since I did a Random Thought Thursday....

I love the things I can find in catalogues:

A Sweatshirt that says, "My baloney has a middle name: it's Roger." That made me laugh out loud for some reason. (What on Earth)

A garden gnome in skeleton form. It reminds me of a poster I had on my wall in grad school: it was a Gumby skeleton. (What on Earth)

A crystal skull; so I can be all Indiana Jones. (Design Toscano)

All manner of candies that I loved in my youth (God bless the Vermont Country Store).

A DVD collection of Dorothy L. Sayers' character, Lord Peter Wimsey. Both Volumes. (PBS Catalogue)

And while we're at it, Ken Burns' BASEBALL series, which includes an update entitled THE TENTH INNING. (PBS catalogue)

Catalogues are like a look into another world....a world of wonders, a world of reasonably priced entertainment, a world of treasures.....

Other Random Thoughts:

Thank you, Judge Vaughn Walker, who said quite eloquently: "moral disapproval alone is an improper basis on which to deny rights to gays and lesbians."

All Muslims do not want to kill us.

That Salahi woman said her interview on The View was "degrading." I wonder how she would feel about prison? And again, why isn't she there?

Attention, Brett Favre: I hope the fence you're sitting on is Picket; that way, you'll have the same pain in the ass I have from hearing about your annual idiocy. Aside from the people in Minneapolis, nobody really cares...

Well done, A-Rod. You're still kind of a dick, but I know talent when I see it. I'm hoping you'll last another five years, and hit at least 30 dingers a year, because I would rather have you (kind of a dick) have the record than the other guy (arrogant cheater).

Oh, my poor Tigers. They've caught Lion-itis. It's tough to be from Detroit.

Good night, and Good Luck!

No comments: