Friday, November 7, 2008

I WILL track down the weather guy...don't you think for a moment I WON'T!

It's a "brave face" thing, really.

The snow actually began early Thursday morning. They had predicted it for some time; a storm that was coming up from the south, and it was going to swirl around us and create high winds and blowing snow, turning occasionally to ice and then back to snow.....and then rain. And snow. And it should end sometime Friday afternoon.

So, I put on the "brave face."

People would come through my work space, all stressed and worried that the plane wouldn't go.

"This is spring in North Dakota." I would say.

And seriously, it would have to be deeeeeep to stop the planes.

And by seven pm....well, let's just say the drive home was perilous. And I learned to drive in Michigan.

The sun hasn't come up yet, but there is a three foot drift at the back door of my neighbor's house. I can still see the wind blowing stuff around, but am no longer sure it's coming from the sky; it may just be blowing around the remnants.

But I hear the planes, so life is pretty much normal.

But I'll be taking the jeep to work today.

Hope all of you in the warmer climes are having a good day.

2 comments:

Gertrude said...

Clemo remember that I think you are as wonderful as a snow day.
Around here we gather and roast and laugh...
and if we will all there we would do it with you.
Thank goodness for Jeeps!
And thank goodness for you.
The word verification...lol is heaterr...two r's. No kidding.
Isn't that something?

Misti Ridiculous said...

JEEP!! And a two way to talk to our van! and Thank the GOOD LORD you aren't driving with the willy nillys anymore!!!

take care babe! Muah!