Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another Memorial.



One of my authors passed yesterday.

Michael Crichton, whose work includes THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN, JURASSIC PARK, THE TERMINAL MAN, THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY, and EATERS OF THE DEAD lost his battle with the C yesterday.

The man entertained me, even when I was thirteen years old. He gave us dinosaurs again, and rewrote BEOWULF in such a way that I didn't recognize it until chapter four. A novel of his was not so much a formal banquet, but a long lunch with an old friend.

I'm gonna miss those lunches.

2 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

You speak for many, my dear.dort

Kizz said...

I heart about that yesterday and noticed someone on the subway platform reading Timeline, one of my faves. I leapt out of character and said, "I just have to ask, do you know?" Silence. "He passed away today." "Oh."

It meant something to me.