Saturday, June 21, 2014

If you ain't here, you're no place worse so count yourself lucky.

Greetings from the airport in Savannah, GA.

I wish I could explain where I was, and what I was doing, and who I met and how long it took.

I can say it's exceptionally humid here; they have gnats that can chew through plate armor; I'm sure the scenery is great, but the compound wasn't; and the food was fit for your enemies.

And now I'm in the airport.

I've been here since 6 AM.

My flight leaves at 11 AM.

There will be a layover in Atlanta and Minneapolis.

Totaling 8 hours.

Total flying time: 4 hours.

There are toddlers crying; or perhaps auditioning for the Met.

Three teenagers sitting next to each other, each talking on a phone.  One just asked permission to hang up and hang out with her friends.

I'm not sure permission was given.  She's still talking.

And now she just threatened to kill somebody; I hope it isn't me.

Although if it gets me out of this airport....