Thursday, April 18, 2013

This is a rant, not an argument, not a discussion. A. RANT. Comprende?

I put up a status update on Facebook yesterday, after discovering that the Congress of the United States once again behaved like a well oiled Society of Idiots.

I took a label from P.J. O'Rourke; I called them a Parliament of Whores.

And for that, I apologize to Whores everywhere.  It was insulting to lump them in with that inept group of......oh, fill in your own adjective here.

I deleted it, and fixed it with humor, in the hopes that some fringe friend on my list wouldn't go all Second Amendment on me....the rights...blah blah blah....will not be infringed.

Over 90% of the American people support a change in the way we do background checks on guns in this country.  More than a few individual states have tougher controls than the ones suggested by the Federal Government.

And this illustrious body of cowards thought that their NRA rating was more important than the deaths of innocents at the hands of mad people who just MIGHT get caught in the net if there were adequate, universal checks and balances in place.

I could accept a "MIGHT" over the positivity of dozens of child sized coffins.

But in a world where 51% is a majority, it's actually 60% in the hallowed halls of the Capitol Building.

And the American people (like myself) get angry and shake our fists in impotent rage and energy draining angst, and think that we don't have a choice.

We do.

Every four years.

Heidi Heitkamp (D) ND stated that she couldn't support such a thing because, "It places undue burden on law-abiding people."

The law abiding have nothing to fear, do they?  And wouldn't the law abiding actually not horribly mind a law that protects them?  Or are law abiding gun owners only interested in the law of the gun?

Stupid sh*t being spouted by high-handed Government officials is STILL stupid sh*t.

So, Heidi Heitkamp (D) ND, whom I voted for....Enjoy your four years.  You won't be getting four more. 

You can stay at home and clean your guns.

Oh, and by the way.....I remain INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED in my generation.

No comments: