Monday, December 12, 2011

Frivolity! Jocularity!

I've been thinking upon the purchase of a truly frivolous item.

Okay, I'll admit it, and if I could get into my office, I would prove it to you; I have several tons of truly frivolous purchases.  I'm the kind of fellow that never grew out of toys and such.

I have a Mr. Potatohead dressed as Darth Vader.  That's right; Darth Tater.
I have bendible Mr. Bill.  And a Gumby.  AND a Popeye.
I have a wind up Bender from Futurama.
I have several autographed photos, procured for various fees:  Monty Python; Abbott And Costello; and Jeremy Brett.
A framed Rolling Stone cover of John Belushi.
A complete collection of THE FAR SIDE, CALVIN AND HOBBES, BLOOM COUNTY, and of course, E.C. Segar's orginal run of POPEYE.
A piece of the Berlin Wall.
A small sandbag from the Mississippi Flood of 1993.

Yup.  Tons of weird stuff.

So, what could possibly be making me itch to possess?  What could possibly top a DARTH TATER?

One share of stock in the Green Bay Packers.

Yeah.