Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Non-Caloric Filler.

It's been raining forever up here in ND. It started on Monday night with a thunderstorm unlike any I've ever been through; not terrifying, just relentless. According to the newspaper, it dumped 6.5 inches on us in just about as many hours. It took me an extra twenty minutes to get to work, and if it wasn't for my reasonably new car (Mercury Mariner), I would have floated away down 7th street and they never would hear from me again. Ironic that a Mariner would keep me grounded.

I haven't written too much recently; largely because I've spent too much time in the village of Redundant. I have spent too much time commenting on the fact that news programs aren't, and the opinions expressed on the various programs are as full of ca-ca as anybody else's, but the fact that they are nationally televised give them a kind of KarlRovian quality to them that annoys me at best, and angers me at worst.

So, I've chosen to let sleeping dogs lie. And lying dogs sleep. And Istanbul is Constantinople, as the lovely Kizz reminded me of just this morning.

I tell you people: a morning without 117 Hudson is like a day without sunshine.

I wish I had the energy to commit to more this morning, but the schedule I'm currently is not becoming easy; my acclimation skills have atrophied a bit in my age. So, I'm off to bed for a few hours before meeting the day.

Love to you.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

That's very kind of you to say. Sadly it doesn't so much work that way around here. I write and write and yet it still rains every day.

Fortunately I kind of like the rain.