Thursday, November 15, 2007

Random Thought Thursday

During a promo for a game show entitled, "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?", a celebrity (I suppose) named Pickler was asked, "Budapest is the capital of what European country?"
Her response? "I thought Europe was a country."
At that point, the host should have said, "I'm sorry, you're nowhere NEAR as smart as a fifth grader, you and your parents and your teachers should be ashamed and get the hell off my soundstage."

A ten year old boy will not be charged with arson for starting one of the wildfires out in California that destroyed somewhere around 38,000 acres and something like 20 homes. Apparently, when he was playing with matches, he was not actually intending on burning anything.
This is one of those stories where your eyes bug out all cartoon like and you say, "hurrmmmm?"

A friend of mine recently wrote to me (after a lag in the conversation about 20 years long) and sent me a copy of quoteable quotes from our days...one of them (which he attributes to me) was fairly interesting, and I wish I could remember to take credit for it:
"Life is that period of time between the moment that the trapdoor opens and the moment the rope goes taut."
Bless the slack, people. Bless the slack.

I've always wanted to be able to think like Sherlock Holmes. I think it would be very cool to be able to look around a room and identify characteristics, and then put together the whole story based upon those observations. Much better than other super powers.

I've become more and more disappointed in Stephen King. Lately, I've been giving him all this money, and his last four books have been crap on the half shell. Actually, it goes back even further than THAT. Let's see......the last book of the DARK TOWER series.......CEL......LISEY'S STORY.......THE COLORADO KID.......BLAZE.......
Yes. I still bought them. Shut up!

These days, my life reminds me of a Far Side cartoon, where a bunch of cows are standing in the field, and one of them finally speaks up and says...."Hey, wait a minute! This is GRASS! We're EATING GRASS!"

I found if you read the preceding random thoughts in a voice that sounds like Larry King, they are much more funny, and far more profound.

Or, you could try Paul Harvey. But you would have to put in really weird pauses.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

I might have to stitch that "Life is" quote on a sampler pillow and give it to the whole world for Christmas.