Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Turning plowshares into swords, and then back into plowshares, and then maybe into some kind of folk-art lawn ornament, but not a jockey.

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage;
I've found that just surviving is a noble fight.
I once believed in causes, too;
I had my pointless point of view;
And life went on, no matter who was wrong or right.....

Last night, I had a chance to escape from the endless dreck of FAUXNEWS and I rebelled; I turned over to MSNBC, which apparently stands for MORE SAME NASTY BULLSHIT COMMENTARY, and was terribly disappointed to find that these two networks are now just making it a habit to snipe one another at every opportunity.

Ranting from what is considered the Right these days makes me want to scream; but I listen in the off chance that I'm wrong about everything; and these days, those are even odds.

Ranting from the Left reminds me of the kid from THE SIMPSONS; that high pitched "HA HA!" that comes from a lopsided victory and an ever pervading smugness that only the huge victor can pull off; and to hell with all the "nice nice" they were going to make when they came to town.

Things I never want to hear about again:

Nancy Pelosi. Seriously. Thank you for your service, could you PLEASE do it more quietly?

Carrie Prejean.

DICK Cheney.

The concept that torture is good if it gets us what we want. When did this argument actually start to make sense to people?

Whether or not he laughed at the joke. On a side note, did anybody NOT see that Wanda Sykes was going to be a trainwreck? Has nobody EVER SEEN her act?

To paraphrase The Joker, "This news cycle needs an enema."

1 comment:

Gertrude said...

What are you doing? What does big Brother have you doing? Its worse than waterboarding if it involves HAVING to watch Faux news!
Do we need to send in recon to rescue you?