Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Let us believe in God, and look to Science.

First of all, let me tell you straight out that I love my Father, and I would defend to the death his right to express his opinion, no matter how backward, ludicrous, absurd, asinine, and nineteenth century it would be.

That being said, I'm firmly convinced that my Father believes that the Republican party can make this country what it once was....and I fear that he means a frozen wasteland, covered with ice and devoid of any living creature.

It's only forty five or so days into it, my friends, and I swore back in January that I would attempt to avoid making comment until after the "First 100 Days,", but I have to tell you that I'm liking this fellow and his way of thinking.

It is very KarlRovian (that's a trademarked word, by the way, created by me and defined as "any dirty trick aimed at permanently befouling the integrity of one's opponent") to allow the belief that this disastrous economy was brought forth by the election of this man. Quite the opposite: It was brought on by a monomaniacal, Constitution-raping, arrogant, ill-informed, ill-equipped, TEXAS-educated, election-stealing horses hiney who sought to turn this country, with reasonable success, sad to say, into ROME.

And here's what we got. The few haves, the many have-nots, a government based upon a generational principle that would make our founding fathers soil themselves with outrage and embarrassment, a quickly expanding religious right that will not rest until we have all the freedoms allowed the Huguenots in France just before the massacre, a justice system that seems to take it's lead from the infonews programs, and bigotry at an all time high, thanks to the wonderful people in California, who claim liberalism but reflect conservatism, and if there's a carpool lane to hell, we're flying through traffic.

Simply put: I'm afraid that we haven't learned anything from McCarthyism. Or, the Middle Ages. Or, the dreams and nightmares of Empire. Or, the Crusades.

When some woman who gives birth to far too many children gets more space on a news program than, say...stem cell research.....perhaps we've moved into the darkness and decided that the darkness is better.

But in the darkness, there seems to be a little light; the light of intelligent decision-making; the light of well-thought out plans; the light that perhaps there is a little charity in the world.

I have a hope.
It's wrestling with despair.

No comments: