Friday, February 17, 2012

You remind me of a babe....a babe with a power.....

This movie never really got the shot it deserved; but it did not kill Jennifer Connelly's career, and Bowie is pretty much untouchable. 

There are times in your life that you know what you were doing at any precise moment.  Some people, like me, are specific to music, to the point where you can tell people about the first time you heard Runnin' On Empty by Jackson Browne, and where you were and what you were doing.  Some people have films, some television shows.....

This movie was on the VCR on one of those nights......and even though I was about fifteen minutes away from a full scale come-apart, I still danced to this tune.

It's in my "rare soundtrack" collection; along with the original soundtrack to the musical Working, The Mystery of Edwin Drood, and the western Silverado.  Alas, my soundtracks to The Untouchables and Hoosiers were lost in the flood of '99.

Dance Magic Dance...Jump Magic Jump


*The was originally titled: Untitled Coked-Up Rock Legend Clip, but I got better.

No comments: