Saturday, March 25, 2017

Blighter's Wrock

There's a line from a song by one of my favorite Folk singers, Stan Rogers; it's off of an album called TURNAROUND, and the title of the tune is called Try Like The Devil......

....demons on my shoulder,
Smiling to show me the way.....

There's one for ambition,
And another for greed;
Here's a big one,
He's a drunkard,
But the easiest to feed;
It takes a strong man to ignore them,
And a rich man to drive them away.....

We all have these, right?

Mine have been screaming at me, the closer I get to finishing a particular project.  I write, I edit, I rewrite, and I log off thinking that it's not bad, and a long back in the next day thinking it's a load of badly written crap.

I've never been able to wrangle the demon into silence; and I've never finished this project.

Sigh.


No comments: