Thursday, September 1, 2011

I window who mini off ewe rollease that lets of popple air inuble to pronince the onglish linguage?

I am attempting to break myself out of a funk by watching several episodes of A BIT OF FRY AND LAURIE.  It's working, up to a point.  But the sun is not shining and the birds are not singing and it's the traditional day the the Northern State reminds us all that Fall begins on September 1.

Cloudy, raining and a high of 64, thus far.

I auditioned for a play on Tuesday....I think it was Tuesday.  Is today Wednesday or Thursday?  Okay, if today is Thursday, then it was Tuesday that I auditioned for a play.

The plays produced by the College 'Round the Corner are open to community members, but of course, as an institution of higher learning, they give priority (and rightly so) to the students.  But, they need a Father figure, and since I'm at least as old as a Father....and I would like to work with the director....and I would like something to occupy my time for awhile....I thought I'd throw in.

Callbacks tonight.  Then, we'll see.

It's THE HEIRESS.  They made a movie.  Olivia de Haviland and Monty Clift.

Other than that, I'm quite under it.

But Fry and Laurie are helping.

Hugh Laurie is quite good at playing a git.

1 comment:

Reg said...

The change in Olivia in that movie has always given me a chill and made me think "There, but for the grace of God, go I." I guess I didn't know it was a play first. Interesting. I've moved into the phase of my life in which I play mothers, so I can kinda get where you're coming from. It isn't so bad. The parents get funnier lines than the young people who are supposed to be in love.