Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blah Blah Blah Blah Bloo Redux.

When I was a younger man, it was not beyond the realm of possibility that I would lose track of the time. And the date. And there was one time, after a particularly nasty collision with a low-hanging beam, that I lost track of the year....

Doctor: Can you tell me your name?
Me: John.
Doctor: Can you tell me the day?
Me: Saturday.
Doctor: Can you tell me who's President?
Me: Ronald Reagan.

Keep in mind, that this was 1992.

Sometimes, it wasn't so bad to lose track of time; everybody does that. I especially love to lose track when I'm in the middle of a great conversation, or when you're with old friends, and the like. I can remember a couple of lunches I wished would last forever.

But today; well, I was completely disoriented. I had lost track of everything.

And I know the reason why.

There is no more color in my life.

And when you're walking down an endless white hallway, there is no way of knowing how far you've gone, or how long you've been walking, and I got to tell you: the interest in the scenery ended for me a looooong time back.

It's kind of like wax fruit today: it's as close to being lifelike without ACTUALLY BEING life.

It's pretty much existence.

Eh.

In other news, the local cable provider has gotten into a feud with the FOX affiliate, and I can no longer watch HOUSE. So, I missed the demise of Dr. Kutler. I'm pissed. I understand that the actor is going to work for the White House, and more power to him.....but I'm holding my cable provider and the local FOX affiliate in contempt.

Pirates in the 21st Century? And why isn't the Navy simply blowing these people out of the water? Where is John Paul Jones when you need him?

The Tigers won a game yesterday! And Detroit breathes a temporary sigh of relief. They really need a good season this year; for no other reason that it would give the city the kind of hope they need these days, 'cuz it's looking rocky in the mitten state.

I'll be off now.
Hope all is well with ya.

1 comment:

Gertrude said...

Nothing wrong with black and white my friend.
Dont judge yourself to harshly.